One of the best things about the Super Bowl is its elaborate commercials.
We love Super Bowl commercials almost as much as the game itself. Brands invest millions of dollars in making the most extravagant ads that millions around the world will see. It’s become its own art form over the years and some people tune into the Super Bowl just for the ads! Here are some of our favorite Super Bowl commercials from this year’s big game.
1. This celebration of 100 years of NFL excellence and 100 years to come.
2. This Super Bowl commercial by Inspire Change and the NFL reminds us that some things are bigger than football.
*Trigger warning for police brutality*
3. “Famous Visitors” by Walmart has a lot of familiar faces
4. This Rocket Mortgage commercial featuring Jason Momoa is frankly horrifying, but hey, we’re talking about it, right?
5. Katie Sowers, the first female to coach in the Super Bowl, inspires us to break the glass ceiling in this Microsoft commercial.
6. “Wicked Smaht Pahk” by Hyundai shows off Boston’s biggest stars in this Super Bowl commercial.
7. “Show Up” by Coca Cola Energy encourages you to keep your promises.
8. “Tough Never Quits,” Kia is a tear-jerker about perseverance.
*Trigger warning for youth experiencing homelessness*
9. “Let it Go” by Audi featuring Maisie Williams driving into a more sustainable future.
10. “Tribute” by Planters is all about regrowth… of a brand, that is.
11. “Lucky Dog” by WeatherTech really pulls on our heartstrings.
12. “Groundhog Day” by Jeep is a funny sequel to the classic Bill Murray movie.
13. Rick & Morty are stuck in this Super Bowl commercial for Pringles.
14. Queer Eye‘s Jonathan Van Ness makes over pretzels in this Pop-Tarts commercial
15. This weird but funny Budlight commercial takes place inside Post Malone’s brain.
16. “Loretta” by Google had us sobbing into our chicken wings.
17. “Jimmy Fallon Works It Out” by Michelob Ultra encourages us to find fun and unique ways to exercise.
18. H.E.R. and Missy Elliot cover “Paint It, Black” by the Rolling Stones in this Pepsi commercial.
19. This Mountain Dew Zero Sugar tribute to The Shinning might just be scarier than the original.
20. “#MakeSpaceForWomen” by Olay strives to make engineering and astrophysics more inclusive.
21. “#BeforeAlexa” by Amazon features Ellen and Portia pondering life before Alexa.
22. “All People Are Tax People” by TurboTax almost makes us excited to do our taxes… almost.