The Farmers Market is returning to Logan Square this Sunday.
Logan Square Farmers Market is finally reopening this Sunday after closing two months ago due to the coronavirus pandemic. The beloved market will be opening its doors at 11 am and will close around 3 pm (priority shopping hours start at 9 am). Organizers have also implemented a series of new safety guidelines to prevent the further spread of the virus.
As part of the new safety guidelines, all shoppers will be required to wash their hands prior to entry, wear masks or face coverings and keep the 6ft security distance at all times. No more than 100 visitors will be allowed into the market which will have a strict one-way circulation aisle that will be accessed via its Milwaukee avenue and Logan boulevard. entrance. There will be no product touching and shoppers will have to wait for vendors to select the produce. The market won’t allow any pets into the precinct either.
Visitors are also encouraged to prepare a shopping list to reduce browsing time and stick to the 5-minute-per-vendor time frame. Organizers also highly encourage pre-order when possible, you can find a full list of vendors and products via the market’s website here.
As the market starts to reopen, shoppers should expect a reduced number of vendors. While organizers typically invite farmers, bakeries and other vendors to take part in the market, it will consist exclusively of farmers in the coming weeks with bakeries and other vendors joining later in the season. The market has also stated it will not invite any prepared-food vendors this year. But if you’d still like to shop their products you can always do so via Logan Square’s virtual farmers market.
The vendors scheduled for this upcoming Sunday include:
- Bee in Beezyness, selling honey
- Cedar Valley Sustainable Farm, selling eggs⠀
- Earth First Farms, organic fruit & late spring veggies
- Frillman Farms, selling produce
- Geneva Lakes Produce, selling produce
- Gorman Fresh Produce, (formerly known as Armstrong Farm), selling produce
- Growing Home, selling organic produce⠀
- Iron Creek Organic Farm, selling organic produce
- J2K Capraio, selling fresh, feta, soft-ripened, blue, and aged cheeses
- Jake’s Country Meats, selling pasture-raised pork and chicken
- Lyons Fruit Farm, selling fruits, asparagus and morels
- Matt’sUrban Garden, selling herbs, potted plants⠀
- Mint Creek Farm, selling pastured pork, grass-fed beef, lamb, goat and honey⠀
- Noffke Family Farm, selling fruits and late spring veggies
- Piedt Farms, selling fruits & late spring veggies⠀
- Plesant Hill Produce, selling late spring veggies
- Roedger Bros. Farm, selling frozen blueberries
- River Valley Ranch, selling mushrooms, salsas and more!
- The Flower Garden, selling cut flowers ⠀
- Willow Garlic Growers, selling green garlic, garlic scapes and pesto⠀
For more information on vendors, product listings and the reopening, make sure to visit Logan Square’s Farmers Market’s website.
[Feature image: @lsfarmersmarket, Instagram]