It’s human nature to try to find some levity amidst difficult times. A new meme of Mayor Lori Lightfoot standing guard of closed public spaces has been circling Chicago’s internet lately. The Mayor even said during a press conference that she likes the #WheresLightfoot memes popping up on social media. We like them, too, so we put together a list of our favorites for easy access to look at when quarantine is getting you down.
1. This Teletubbies remix just kills us.
2. Lightfoot guards this local business
3. She meant it when she said to stay off the Lakefront
4. This painting makes us giggle
View this post on Instagram
For the love of god, stay at home 🤣 This will always be the funniest painting on display at the Art Institute, and no one can convince me otherwise 😄 Since this is my public account, I couldn't help but add to the city's quarantine fun. Consider it food for thought. If you haven't seen the other Lightfoot memes, do yourself a favor and look @whereslightfoot #whereslightfoot #raidersofthelostart #stayhomechicago #chicagothings #artinstituteofchicago
5. Crown Fountain joins in the fun with this one
6. This person wrote a #WheresLightfoot parody of “Santa Claus is Coming to Town.”
— Julie Merrell (@jemerrell2) March 29, 2020
7. Lightfoot guards the Glessner House
8. Stay away from baseball pitches, too.
9. No visitors in Edward Hopper’s famous “Nighthawk” diner thanks to Mayor Lightfoot
— Prof. Leslie "wash your hands" Kay 🏳️🌈🔬✡️ (@LKayChicago) April 1, 2020
10. Sadly, no paletas during lockdown 🙁
— Peter Bhat Harkins (@pushcx) April 1, 2020
11. The Green Mill is closed, people!
— Hec B (@interludeit) March 30, 2020
12. So is Guarantee Rate Fields
13. Do not gather at The Bean!
— ButlerDidIt (@ButlerDidIt9) April 1, 2020
14. All beaches are closed
15. No, she does not.
Lori Lightfoot don't play pic.twitter.com/mB867ILCN6
— Jeremy (@Jer_uh_me) March 29, 2020
16. Take it to go or order delivery
17. The Gallaghers better be at home and not at the Alibi.
18. Stay Home alone.
19. Even the Blues Brothers need to stay home.
— Hec B (@interludeit) March 31, 2020
20. Stay in bed if you’re sick.
— Hec B (@interludeit) April 1, 2020
21. There’s no day off from the stay-at-home order.
22. This Drake meme crossover is hilarious
23. Navy Pier is closed, too.
— Navy Pier (@NavyPier) March 31, 2020
24. Take out or delivery pizza only!
Our Guardian Angel, Lori Lightfoot, watches over Chicago ready to fly yo' ass back to your house if you step outside
@thebearchamp @jcrivera #thebearchamp #jcrivera #streetart #chicagopizza #chicagomurals #whereslightfoot #stayhomesavelives #chicagomemes #chicagomayor pic.twitter.com/qmxq5liSAG
— chicago.teacher.memes (@ChiTeacherMemes) March 30, 2020
25. Dolphins at the Shedd Aquarium gotta stay home, too.
26. No, you still can’t go to the lake
— a sister from the chi (@sister_chi) March 30, 2020
27. Don’t test her
28. Even Lightfoot knows MBDTF was a 10/10
29. Terminally chill.
30. Stay home, pimps
31. Don’t You (Forget About Me)
32. Lightfoot Begins
33. Lori with friends Tom Hanks and Wilson
34. Don’t even think about it
35. That’ll do, penguin. That’ll do.
36. “I’ll take a ‘u’ for 500.”
37. Victory is near.
— whereislightfoot (@whereislightfo1) April 9, 2020
38. Mayor Lightfoot even made her own funny video to keep spirits high while we #StayHome
I don’t have much time to myself these days, but I felt I needed to make sure everyone knows how I feel about this Stay at Home Order. Which one motivates you the most to stay at home? #StayHomeSaveLives pic.twitter.com/pDbCdySMQk
— Mayor Lightfoot #StayHomeSaveLives (@chicagosmayor) March 30, 2020
What’s your favorite #WheresLightfoot meme? Share it with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!
Feature photo: @ButlerDidIt9