Portillo’s has been a Chicago staple since 1963. As the popular hotdog chain brings in its 60th anniversary in the Windy City, Portillo’s is bringing back the original Dog House trailer. Yes, it’s the one that Dick Portillo first opened on April 5, 1963! To celebrate, the mayor has officially declared August 5th to be ‘Portillo’s Day’.
Starting this Thursday, April 6, and going to June 8, the Dog House trailer will be parked outside different Portillo’s locations filled with a spinning wheel of prizes, limited edition birthday-themed merchandise, and a chance to win big. The first 10 people to visit the Dog House (at each stop) can also get a slice of chocolate cake!
Another perk that comes along with turning 60: Starting April 5th, Portillo’s is hosting birthday sweepstakes that give one lucky winner a chance to get free Portillo’s for an entire year.
The original Dog House trailer will stop at a total of 10 restaurants where fans can take pictures, and grab original menu items like hot dogs, fries, and tamales! The trailer will be open every Thursday starting April 6 and going through to June 8 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Check out the official Dog House schedule below:
- April 6 – Canal & Taylor (520 W. Taylor Street)
- April 13 – Oak Lawn (4020 W. 95th Street)
- April 20 – Bolingbrook (134 E Boughton Rd.)
- April 27 – Downers Grove (1500 Butterfield Rd.)
- May 4 – Naperville (1992 W. Jefferson)
- May 11 – Glendale Heights (235 North Ave.)
- May 18 – Elgin (1020 S. Randall Rd.)
- May 25 – Crystal Lake (855 Cog Circle)
- June 1 – Rockford (6090 State Street)
- June 8 – Villa Park (635 1/2 North Ave.)
Will you be stopping by to see the original Dog House trailer?