This Saturday and Sunday, head to the Navy Pier to celebrate Latinx culture at the fifth annual celebration of modern Latin music and arts! The LatiNxt Festival is all about connecting traditional Latin music with contemporary sounds.
The event is free for all to enjoy, with cutting-edge performances, engaging art vendors, and music that calls on the Latin American diaspora. The festival is all about exploring new ways of connecting to traditional Latin cultural traditions that involve live music, sound, and art. Featuring local, national, and international artists, expect a host of music performances at the Navy Pier’s Lake Stage, Beer Garden, and Wave Wall.
Performances include Silvana Estrada, a young Jazz vocalist, the Meridian Brothers, a contemporary neo-tropicalista group, Guatemalan native, Rebeca Lane, along with Reyna Tropical who boasts the tagline “Queer Love & Afro-Mexico” and many others. Vendors are curated by the Pilsen Community Market.
The festival itself is curated by Future Rootz, a Latinx group of music curators, and artists, whos work seeks to represent a ‘borderless artistic intersection that draws from the past while reaching for the future.’
Keep scrolling for the full festival lineup:
Saturday, Aug. 6
The Beer Garden, where MC Logan Lu will be hosting.
- 2 p.m. – Future Rootz (Chicago)
- 4 p.m. – Quinto Imperio
- 5:30 p.m. – Nino Augustine (Panama)
- 7 p.m. – Reyna Tropical (Portland/Los Angeles)
- 8:30 p.m. – Doctor Nativo (Guatemala)
- 10 p.m. -Mamicana Gyrate (Chicago)
At the Wave Wall Staircase:
- 2 p.m. – Xochi G
- 4 p.m. – La Gata Clandestina (Chicago)
- 6 p.m. – La Colocha (Chicago)
- 8 p.m.- Jennifer Fauxxpez (Chicago)
Sunday, Aug. 7
At the Beer Garden:
- 2 p.m. – The Ponderers (Chicago)
- 2:45 p.m. – Adan Diaz (Chicago)
- 4:15 p.m. – Rudy de Anda (Chicago)
- 5:45 p.m.- Meridian Brothers
- 7 p.m. – DJ Iggy (Chicago)
At the Lake Stage in Polk Bros Park where MC Logan Lu and Melissa Dupre will be hosting.
- 5:15 p.m. – Rebeca Lane (Guatemala)
- 6:45 p.m. – Silvana Estrada (Mexico)
Address: Navy Pier Beer Garden and Polk Bros Park Lake Stage, 600 E Grand Ave, Chicago, IL 60611
[Featured photo via:@navypierchicago]